Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm a Believer

It's been over a month since I've written. The beginning of the school year always seems to take over my whole life. Now that we are into the third week of school, I am able to take a moment and write. But I don't want to write about school.

I believe it's entirely possible that, tonight, I have witnessed a true miracle. I feel grateful, confused, scared, and speechless simultaneously. Without going into details, this is a life changing event that happened to someone I love very much. I'm having a hard time believing that this miracle has happened, yet it exists. Grateful...that's what I'm trying to be. Grateful.

I always thought if something miraculous happened to me or someone I loved, I'd be overjoyed and excited. It never occurred to me that I'd also be scared and confused and unsure if I can believe. I think it's so easy to say that we believe in miracles, but the act of believing in this cynical world can be harder than it seems. Tonight, the impossible became possible. I'm a believer!

No comments:

Musings and thoughts...