Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Down the Road"

(Kenny Chesney and Mac McAnally)

It's been almost a week since I've posted here. Honestly, I've spent a HUGE amount of time getting my classroom blog off the ground. So far, it's a huge success! This week...there are no words. I feel like a used dish towel that's been rung (or it is wrung) out and used over and over again. The good news is I survived and learned many lessons. 

1. God is really with me. I felt alone and low at times this week and whenever I reached out for help (which I'm not good at doing) it was there. That was new for me. I repeated Isaiah 41:10 to myself (suggested to me by my friend Jessica) over and over. I physically felt lighter. 


Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
 2. Believe in myself, even when others don't. Many parts of myself have been questioned lately. Personally and professionally. This has led to some introspection and questioning. I do believe that I know who I am. I like who I am. 

3.  This week, because of some unexpected troubles, and LOTS of work, I didn't build much of anything that I'd planned on building...this blog, running, etc. I will not punish myself for that. I am back here tonight. I will be returning to running tomorrow. I will recognize the fact that I built some mus-cles, as my dad would say. That time spent was just as valuable. I will appreciate the fact that I am doing the best I can living the life I am living. 

4. Music and prayer. These two things really helped me! I've come to depend on both. Thanks to Trinity I have been obsessively listening to Sara Groves' album "Fireflies and Songs". I'm so grateful. Thanks to Kelly and Jessica, I've been reading the Bible and repeating verses of Scripture that saved me this week. 

As I look down the road, I know that life holds great things for us all. 

Here's my the video of my new favorite song "Setting up the Pins" by Sara Groves



1 comment:

1981shamrock said...

Remember, sometimes you are building even when you don't see it. When we were watching our house being constructed in '95, we would pile in the family van every Friday evening after work and school to see what had changed. Some days we couldn't see anything. And then some days the changes to the house would thrill us...sod rolled out, shutters painted, mailbox standing tall, bricks added. Dad had to remind me that the most important changes were going on inside. The plumbing, electrical work, etc. You are building more than you know right now.

Musings and thoughts...