Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Little Moments

(Brad Paisley)

All around me I see big things happening...friends getting engaged, starting new relationships, friends dealing with serious illness...to name a few. I feel like I am holding onto "little moments" to steer my way through the big ones. It grounds me. Helps me see where I am going.

In three days, I will celebrate the last of my thirties, heading into the next decade. Where will I go? What big happenings or little moments will be coming my way?

It's only 19 days into the new year and all of that enthusiasm I had for all things new- this blog, gym, etc- it's waning and I am feeling overwhelmed. This is when I have given up. Hidden. Made excuses for myself. Instead, I recognize that I am getting involved in my church. I've been a good friend to my friends. I am dealing with stress at work that is, at times, crushing. So, I need to steer the ship towards this place, towards the gym and running. I need to continue to build! Build on what's started and don't give up.

2 comments:

Erinn said...

Don't get discouraged! I promise you, if you write every day, it will help tremendously. And I'm not talking about writing an entire post, but if you just keep a list on a Word document or something of one thing that made you smile, even if it was a faint one, every day, it will change your life!!

1981shamrock said...

Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up.
Don't give up. Don't give up.

Musings and thoughts...