This week’s 5 is inspired by the party game called Taboo, in which players must make their teammates utter key words by giving them clues. The twist is that each key word is assigned five Taboo words, and players are forbidden from using the Taboo words in their clues. For example, one key word might be milk, and its Taboo words might be dairy, cow, drink, white, and carton. Your clue might be something like, “It’s a beverage from Bessie,” or “You add it to coffee,” or “The land of BLANK and honey,” or “It comes out of breasts.”
Your task is simply to answer these five questions without using any of the Taboo words or phrases. Challenge yourself not just to avoid using the words, but to think of fresh, new answers to these sort of cliched meme questions!
- Who’s making a positive difference in your life? Me. People who love me!
Taboo words: friends, family, husband/wife/spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend.
- Where would you like to be right now? at the beach walking my the ocean with the sun shining.
Taboo words: home, bed, anywhere but here.
- What’s the first thing you’d do with a $5,000 (or your local equivalent) gift? Use it wisely
Taboo words: save, debt, vacation, payments, invest.
- What super-power would you really like to have? mind reading and the ability to persuade people
Taboo words: invisibility, x-ray vision, flying, strength, transform.
- What’s your favorite sound? singing, my nephew, not to mention peaceful quiet
Taboo words: laughter, music, ocean, wind, ____’s voice.