Saturday, September 6, 2008
Breathe. Relax. The builder will fix it on Monday. I will make sure. Why ruin any more of my weekend? OK. I've decided to let go. (OK, I'm trying.) Hope you are staying out of the rain.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Going back to work in August has always been very social for me. Catching up with old friends and checking in with each other. Commiserating, giggling, and hugging were integral parts of back to school. This year it's different. No one (practically) knows me. Being middle school, it's a different environment than the touchy-feely elementary teachers....I feel isolated. No one invites me to lunch. I've eaten alone three times in five days.
Of course, being single compounds this feeling of lonliness. When I get home, it's me and my dog. It won't always be like this. I know. It's hard. I've NEVER been a woman who's afraid to be alone. I understand that feeling for the first time.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Simply answer each prompt with only one word.
Some claim that one word is harder than it looks, but if I can limit my answers, anyone can do this!
Yes! Anyone! If you are still enjoying your summer, take the time to waste a little time!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Time to nap. (Learning to love those too.)
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
I've outgrown this.
Well...eight minutes until the kids are back. Luckily I still like all of them!!!
Breathe...breathe....(just reminding myself)
Friday, April 18, 2008
Our Thursdays end with the whole school writing for fifteen minutes of writing. In those fifteen minutes, I wrote a poem inspired by these students. I'll post it tomorrow!
One more day til the weekend...enjoy Friday.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Saturday, March 29, 2008
What is your superpower?
– I have the ability to disappear whenever I choose.
Who are you most like in life?
– I am most like my dad. Outgoing, positive, and hard working! Dad taught me to love life and enjoy every moment.
Do people ever tell you you look like a celebrity?
– I think I have one of those faces that looks familiar. I have been recognized all over the world. One person (long ago) told me I looked like Carrie Fisher. (I don't see it.)
What are your views on weddings?
– NOT for me. I planned a wedding (but canceled before the event). Not worth the money or stress. I want a beach and a sunset, or a quaint chapel in the woods...small, quiet and peaceful!
What was the last book you read?
– I am really into Paulo Coelho.
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept: A Novel of Forgiveness (P.S.)
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept: A Novel of Forgiveness is what I am currently reading. It is phenomenal!
Who is your hero?
– My mom and dad are my heroes. The older I get, the more I appreciate what they did for me and my sister. I feel lucky to have them as my parents!
What are five songs that would be on the soundtrack of your life?
– Anyway by Martina McBride.
– The Impossibles, Joe Nichols.
– Always on Your Side, Sheryl Crow & Sting.
– Strength, Courage, and Wisdom by India.Arie
– Taking Chances by Celine Dion
Have you ever been burned?
– Never badly.
What is your worst habit?
– Fidgeting and being too hard on myself.
What is the best lesson your parents taught you?
–Learn to take care of yourself!
What are three things that hang on your walls?
–I JUST moved...nothing yet. I will have plenty of family pictures.
Who do you think will actually WIN the presidency? Will it be the right choice?
–I believe Obama has a very good chance at winning. He has my vote.
Is your bed made right now?
–No. I'm IN bed right now.
Where would you like to wake up in the morning if you could be anywhere?
– Martha's Vineyard in August.
Do you do anything creative?
– I write.
What would you like to be doing in five years if there were no limits to who you could be?
– Married and pregnant. Working at my own Writing Center. Publishing my writing.
– Why not?
What is really the greatest thing about meeting someone new?
– What it teaches you about the world, yourself, and the possibility it opens.
If you didn’t have to work, would you?
– Write, travel, open my own business, discover life.
What are you doing to make less of an impact on the earth?
– Who wants to make less? Don't you want to make MORE impact?? (I get it. I recycle.)
Hope you all enjoyed and I look forward to your 20 answers ;)
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Letting go feels so good. I feel free, safe, and happy. Why does it take so long for me to remember? Why do I fight for so long? Is the struggle really necessary? OK, what lessons will I learn from these couple of weeks. Patience? Growth? Will I be motivated to move on (career wise)?
Almost drowning...means surviving. That's what I'm doing! SURVIVING!!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Back to real life today. Work. Clean out my old apartment, change the mail, and return the cable box. Yuck!!!
Time to walk the dog. Have a good day!
Friday, February 22, 2008
- Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McKloskey
- The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Poems of Emily Dickinson
- Mystic River by Dennis Lehane
- A Civil Action by Jonathan Harr
- Selling the Lite of Heaven by Suzanne Strempek Shea
- Among Schoolchlildren by Tracy Kidder
- The Inn at Lake Devine by Elinor Lipman
- The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve
- Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
- Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
- Walter the Baker by Eric Carle
- Faithful by Stephen King
Thursday, February 14, 2008
"Happy Valentine's Day, Dad! I love you this much!"
Friday, February 1, 2008
1. Once I was hopeless, scared, and unsure...until I took the first step.
2. Laying in bed, slurping chicken soup, and sleeping all day is being sick.
3. Today at work I will have a day of while at work.
4. What's blogging all about?
5. If I make a mistake I cringe, hide, and then desperately work to fix it.
6. When I woke up this morning, I thought SNOW DAY?!?!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to jewelry party, tomorrow my plans include BUNCO and Sunday, I want to sleep!!!!
Friday, January 25, 2008
2. I would like new and exciting things in my life, please.
3. Peppermint ice cream tastes SO good!
4. Saturday is my favorite day of the week because it's my ME day.
5. My smile is my best feature.
6. We could learn so much from puppies.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to quiet time, tomorrow my plans include lunch with S and Sunday, I will have brunch with K!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
What were you doing at 8:00? Talking on the phone
What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Eating dinner.
What happened to you in 2006? It seems like a lifetime ago.
What was the last thing you said out loud? Mmmmmm
How many beverages did you have today? 2 cups of coffee, 2 sodas, 4 glasses of iced tea
What color is your hairbrush? black
What was the last thing you paid for? diner
Where were you last night? at a friend's house for a birthday dinner
What color is your front door? green
Where do you keep your change? all over the place
What’s the weather like today? blue skies and sunny...cold
What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Chocolate marshmallow or cake batter
Do you want to cut your hair? Just cut it.
Are you over the age of 25? yup!!
Do you talk a lot? hmmm, oh I think the safe answer would be yes
Do you know anyone named Steven? acquaintances
Do you make up your own words? Always
Are you a jealous person? Have been
Who’s the first person on your received call list? Mom
What does the last text message you received say? Thank you for paying your phone bill
Do you chew on your straw? never
Do you have curly hair? Yes
Where’s the next place you’re going to? to walk the dog and then to yoga class
Who’s the rudest person in your life? upstairs neighbors with obnoxious dogs
What was the last thing you ate? mashed potatoes
Will you get married in the future? I hope so!
What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? Haven't seen a movie in 2 weeks
Is there anyone you like right now? not really
When was the last time you did the dishes? this morning
Are you currently depressed? nope!
Did you cry today? a bit this morning
Why did you answer and post this? Why do I do anything...
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Happy Birthday to me.
Musings and thoughts...