Monday, August 27, 2007

Meetings, meetings, meetings

What purpose do they serve? Sitting all day makes me so tired, I inevitably think is this what my students feel? No, I must be more exciting than the speakers I see. One of the speakers today made an observation that's stuck with me all day. He said that he's taught all ages from kindergarteners to middle school to graduate students to teachers and we all have one thing in common. When we come into a classroom, we sit as far back as possible. (Maybe not the kindergarteners.) His question is this:
What does this say about education? What does it say, that the
students always want to sit far away from the teacher?
Hmmm, that's an excellent question!

This afternoon, my second meeting was better. I learned at least two or three things I'll try this year, but that wasn't my favorite part. My favorite part was seeing that my friend Tim was still using the clipboard he made this summer in my introduction activity. It made me smile!

More meetings tomorrow! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Musings and thoughts...